Terms and Privacy
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Copyright. COPYRIGHT 2010 Glass House Conversations in the United States, 199 Elm Street, New Canaan, CT 06840, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Some materials on this web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information relating to those materials. All photographs, information, materials and other content contained on this Web Site are owned by the Glass House Conversations and/or its contributors. This Web Site contains original works of authorship that are the proprietary property of the Glass House Conversations and/or its contributors, and which are protected under U.S. and International Copyright Laws. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, alter or prepare any derivative works of any material from this Web Site, including without limitation code, software, photographs and images, without the prior express written consent of the Glass House Conversations, or as stated on the material.
If permission is given to use any material, such permission to use, copy and distribute materials delivered from this web site is hereby granted under the following conditions: (1) The above copyright notice and this permission notice must appear in all copies; (2) Any use of the materials available from this web site must be for informational purposes only and in no instance for commercial purposes; (3) No materials available from this web site can be modified in any way, and (4) No graphics available from this web site can be copied or distributed, including photographs and charts.
2. Trademarks. Glass House Conversations, the Glass House, the Philip Johnson Glass House, the Glass House Conversations logo, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and all other names of Glass House Conversations programs and domain names referenced herein are trademarks of the Glass House Conversations. All rights reserved to the Glass House Conversations.
3. Information Warranty Disclaimer. ALL MATERIALS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. THE GLASS HOUSE CONVERSATIONS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE GLASS HOUSE CONVERSATIONS DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, CONTENT, OR LEGALITY OF ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE GLASS HOUSE CONVERSATIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THIS WEB SITE OR IN ANY OTHER MATERIALS WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY USED.
4. Disclaimer of Endorsement. Any mention of a product, service, company or sole proprietor in this web site or in links to this web site shall not constitute nor be construed as an endorsement of any such product, service, company or sole proprietor by the Glass House Conversations.
5. Content Posted by Third Parties. Any party who posts information to this web site agrees not to post any material which is defamatory, obscene, or a violation of any copyright or trademark, and further agrees not to represent himself or herself as someone else. The Glass House Conversations is under no obligation to monitor the information residing on or transmitted to this web site; however, any party who posts information to this web site agrees that the Glass House Conversations may take appropriate action in order to prevent the violation of the rights of Glass House Conversations or of other parties, in order to comply with any law, regulation or other governmental request, or in order to operate this web site properly or to protect itself or others. The Glass House Conversations reserves the right to modify, reject, or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to this web site that, in its sole discretion, it believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions. The use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments in such materials. The Glass House Conversations disclaims all responsibility for any defamatory, obscene, copyright or trademark infringing material posted to this web site by any third party. The Glass House Conversations retains the right to remove any member, revoke membership in any program or listserve, and/or to prohibit any person or entity from participating in any program or listserve, when necessary for the benefit of the program, in the Glass House Conversations’s sole discretion.
Any party who posts information to this web site represents that it is the sole owner of all rights in materials posted by it (including all related copyrights) or that it has the absolute right to license their use as provided in this section. While the posting party will retain ownership of the copyright in the materials it posts, the posting party agrees that all of the materials it posts shall become part of a database, and that the Glass House Conversations will own the compilation copyright in that database. The posting party hereby grants the Glass House Conversations a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute its posting, any portion of such posting and any derivative works created from such posting, in print electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. The Glass House Conversations may sublicense all of its rights and licenses or assign them to third parties. Neither the Glass House Conversations nor any third party using the posting in accordance with this section will be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. The Glass House Conversations shall have no duty to attribute authorship of the posting to the posting party. The Glass House Conversations shall not be obligated to enforce any form of attribution by third parties.
6. Updates. The Glass House Conversations may update or make changes to the materials provided by this web site at any time without notice; however, the Glass House Conversations makes no commitment to update the information contained herein, and makes no representation nor warranty concerning the accuracy of any information.
7. Use of Content. The information and materials made available on this web site are designed to provide accurate and useful information in regard to the subject matter covered. It is made available with the understanding that the Glass House Conversations is not engaged in rendering legal or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information Collected – The Glass House Conversations has a strong commitment to internet privacy. We provide choices to the consumer in deciding when and how to provide different categories of “personally identifiable information” (e.g., data that may be used to identify, contact or locate a person such as name, e-mail address and information you provide to help customize your web experience.) You may also be required to register your name and e-mail address if you wish to receive e-newsletters, participate in special initiatives or in surveys or contests. You may opt out from receiving any of this type of information in the future.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is associated with the portal through which you enter the internet, like your internet service provider (ISP). Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our visitors visit various parts of our sites. We may also combine this information with personally identifiable information, e.g., your name and address that you have provided to us and/or with other information that is publicly available or that we receive from other reputable sources in order to make our web site and communications more targeted to your interests.
Personally Identifiable Information Contained in User Content
Some sections of our web site may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. We encourage your thoughts, stories, photos, but be advised that any content you submit to the web sites will not be returned to you and may be used by us in any manner we see fit, including reprinting it in full or in modified version on the web sites or elsewhere or using elements of it on the web sites. You will not be entitled to any remuneration for any use of your content by us or our subsidiaries or historic sites.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your transmission through the site. The Glass House Conversations does not monitor such transmissions, and therefore cannot be responsible for any personally identifiable information or other information that may be contained in such transmissions. You agree not to transmit through the Site any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, or harmful material of any kind or nature.
USE OF INFORMATION AND PRIVACY CHOICES
Use of Email Addresses
If you provide the Glass House Conversations with your e-mail address we will not share that address with other organizations, unless you have otherwise authorized us to do so. If you provide your e-mail address on a public forum, e.g. a blog, the Glass House Conversations is not responsible for monitoring these transmissions and cannot be responsible for any personally identifiable information contained in such transmissions. If you wish to be removed from one of our e-mail lists, you may opt-out at any time.
COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL LAWS
None of the web sites covered by this policy knowingly collect identifiable personal information from children under the age of 13. The Glass House Conversations’s website is not directed to, nor does it have knowledge of, visitors less than 13 years of age. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy and we will monitor our website and its users to make sure that their privacy is protected. If we discover that a person under the age of 13 has provided us with any identifiable personal information, we will delete that information from our systems. We are unable to reply to information requests from children under the age of 13, if so identified. A parent or guardian must initiate the requests from children under the age of 13 on their behalf. If we begin marketing to children on-line and we are aware that those children are under the age of 13, the Glass House Conversations will take steps to fully comply with the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (CARU) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). To learn more about both of these programs see http://www.caru.org/ and http://www.coppa.org/.
The Glass House Conversations complies fully with the Controlling the Assault on Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (CAN-SPAM Act). To this end, the Glass House Conversations:
ALWAYS provides recipients of e-mail marketing and e-newsletters a clear mechanism to opt-out of receiving information in the future.
ALWAYS provides accurate header and subject line information prior to sending any e-mails. The Glass House Conversations commits to sending only e-mails with specific subject lines and a clear delineation from whom the e-mail was sent.
ALWAYS provides the Glass House Conversations’s physical address within the body of all of our e-mail messages.
The Glass House Conversations welcomes comments or questions on this policy. We are dedicated to protecting your personal information, and will make every reasonable effort to keep that information secure. If you have any questions or wish to opt-out, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Glass House by phone at 203.594.9884, or mail us at:
The Philip Johnson Glass House
199 Elm Street
New Canaan, Connecticut 06840
Any information you provide to us is covered by this policy.